Have you always wanted to try Traditional Martial Arts, but were never sure where to start? Do you want to build strength, speed, agility and endurance? Are you looking for a program to build your confidence and challenge both your body and your mind?
The Chinese Martial Arts and Wellness Center is offering Martial Arts Conditioning Class. It is a great class for those seeking something different from the daily health club routine, or those who want to try out the discipline of Traditional Martial Arts but have been unsure of where to start. This class is geared towards beginners, giving them the tools to take their training to the next level if they choose.
Students can enroll in the Conditioning class independently of our Kung Fu program. We suggest signing up for a set of 5 classes, so you can see maximum improvement in your fitness and technique.
Our curriculum includes:
- Kicking techniques (for core and leg strength, range of motion)
- Kicking targets (for leg strength, flexibility, coordination and focus)
- 12 characters of Seven Star Praying Mantis Kung Fu (for upper body strength and coordination, grip strength)
- 25 punching techniques of the Mantis Kung Fu style (for core and arm strength, agility, reflexes)
- Punching targets, using focus mitts (for perception, focus, accuracy of striking, and fist conditioning)
- Traditional calisthenics (for overall fitness)
Class meets Tuesday nights from 7:00-8:00pm